I’ve never before set goals for writing for the year. My problem is that I’d list so many goals I’d get overwhelmed and not meet any of them. So I’m going to set a reasonable amount of reachable writing goals.
- Finish “Hell Time”, my YA sort of horror novel.
- Find a home for my paranormal werewolf romance novel “Full Moon Fever”. That one has been sitting forgotten at a publisher for months so I’m taking it back and sending it elsewhere. I could always self-publish it.
- Self-publish my erotic fairy tales collection, “Happily Ever After”.
- Aim for 6 published short stories in 2019.
- Try to get published in one of those Best Erotic Short Stories of the Year anthologies.
- Make sure I attend my writers group every week.
- Have fun while doing all this. It doesn’t have to be dreary despite all the rejections.
I’m in between visiting relatives and friends for the holidays.. Writing has come to a complete halt since Halloween. I managed to write a few short stories that ended up rejected, but I have new places to submit them. I’m busy writing blog posts like this one.
Above all, I want to wish everyone reading happy holidays and a very pleasant and productive 2019. Come up with your own reachable goals and go for them. I believe 2019 will be a good year.
Elizabeth Black writes in a wide variety of genres including erotica, erotic romance, horror, and dark fiction. She lives on the Massachusetts coast with her husband, son, and her two cats.
Web site: http://elizabethablack.blogspot.com
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/elizabethblack