Proofreading: making sure everything has been caught (grammar, spelling, punctuation)
Copy editing (grammar, syntax, clarity, content and consistency)
Line editing (grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage)
Full development editing (includes: spelling, grammar, syntax, content, clarity, voice, tone, POV, plot, etc. — the WHOLE Sha-bang!)
Editing Services for manuscripts
- Proofreading ranges – $0.01 – $0.015 cent per word
Copy-editing starts at – $0.02 cents per word
Line-editing starts at – $0.03 cents per word
Developmental-editing – $0.04 cents per word
- Substantial writing experience with great variety from grants, newspapers, press releases to published works of fiction
- Exceptional elaboration skills
- Pays important attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Proficient in MS tools such as Microsoft Word (all versions), Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Familiar with APA, MLA and Chicago citation style
- I have a minor in Creative Writing, Editing and Grammar certifications from the Nashville State Community College
- I have three self-published works on Amazon that did exceptionally well
- I also host my own critique group — it is designed for writers with nearly or completely finished pieces of work for assessment
- I also assist anyone gearing up for upcoming pitches, working on query letters, etc.
- I provide information for upcoming events, such as conferences, contests, agents accepting submissions, etc.
I look forward to working together!
Oh! Just to sweeten the deal: The first five pages of your manuscript will be FREE. This way we can get a feel for one another and decide if we’d like to continue.